Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shattered, Part II

Round 5 - Spring 2035 - Vasadori
Last update/ Next update
Tessa de Muse is 38, Elvin is 42

In a way, I need a change
From this burnout scene
Another time, another town
Another everything
But it's always back to you
Shattered, O.A.R.

It was beautiful. She didn't know what she expected when Elvin suggested she come to Vasadori to talk about their future. She didn't even know elves existed up until a few months ago, so she most definitely had never considered what their home may look like......but it was beautiful.......

He lived in a tree house. Not the child-size one that every kid wishes their parents would build for them. No, this was an enormous structure, sitting atop tree branches, equipped with ladders leading up to the different rooms. And there were so many plants and trees. It was really the most beautiful place she had ever seen.
"I've missed you," Elvin said as he walked up and kissed her. A few months ago she would not have allowed this. But she had made peace with her decision and knew that one small kiss from him would not change it.
"I missed you too. Can we go up? I kinda want to just get this over with," she said.
"I know that this is not a pleasure trip for you, but there are some things I want you to see......that I need you to see. I want you to get a glimpse into who I really am, to see that I no longer want any secrets between us. I want you to be able to love me, without any hesitation," he said.
"Maybe we should just talk first and then do a tour later," Tessa said.
"I do not think you are understanding what I am saying. I don't just want to give you a tour. I want you to see Vasadori the way I see it. I want you to understand why I did what I did, even though I know it was wrong," he said.
"I think I understand Elvin. I've taken these months away from you to think everything over and I've decided...."
"No! Can I at least show you one place before you tell me your decision? It's a very special place to me," he said cutting her off.
"Sure, why not."
She could already see why he wanted to save this place. It really was amazing. She still couldn't believe that she was married to an elf. No one would believe her if she tried to tell them. Tabitha still didn't really believe it. Tessa was sure that she thought she was just trying to give an excuse for their rushed marriage. But it didn't matter what she thought, Tessa had seen it with her own eyes.....married to an elf......such a Tessa Gunner thing to do.......
"This is called Tia Shaerorer Shodi, My Beautiful Bride. My father built it for my mother long ago. There used to be beautiful gardens all around it and my mother would go to the top tower and sit for hours. It was his gift to her, because he loved her so much. He was a dark elf, capable of great destruction, yet my mother changed him. Made him better. It is how I feel about you as well.......Let's go up," Elvin said.
"I take it that you have come to a decision."
"I have. It has not been an easy one. Elvin, I have made horrible choices my entire life. Tabitha has been getting me out of trouble every since our parents died. Before that, my parents were getting me out of trouble. I think that's what hurt so much about what you did. I blamed myself. I thought that I was just being fickle again, that something was wrong with me," she said.
"So you do not want to be with me anymore?"
"Of course I still want to be with you! That's what pisses me off so bad, that the first guy I ever really loved tricked me into marrying him! I'm prepared to stay, but I think we need to straighten a few things out first."
"Whatever you want. I'll do anything as long as you'll stay," he said.
"What happens if we do have a baby and it turns out I'm not the woman in that prophesy? Are you going to just take off and leave me and our baby?" she asked.
"I would be sad if you were not the one spoken of in the prophesy, but I would never leave you, Tessa. I love you."
"Good. And you can't use magic on me ever again. I want to make decisions on my own, not because you've been zapping me."
"Done."
"We have to get another house too. My little house is too small to have a baby. There isn't room," she said.
"I have money in savings. We can start looking as soon as you would like."
"Is that all? Because those are very sensible requests," Elvin said.
"There is one other thing......."
"What is it, jhyli?"
"I don't want us to have any more secrets between us."
"I've told you everything, I promise."
"Well I haven't told you everything. I kind of had an affair......."
"What do you mean, kind of?" he asked.
"I was so confused, I couldn't understand why my feeling had changed so drastically. And I met this guy one night when I was leaving the club.......I slept with him........"
"Who is he," he said with a stoic expression on his face.
"What difference does it make? It's over and I'll never do it again. I just wanted to start out this time with complete honesty."
"I want to know who he is. I'll make sure he never touches you again," Elvin said.
"Oh, you're not going to go zapping him! I told you, its over. He's moved on with some college girl anyway."
"I won't hurt him. I'll just erase all memory of you from his pea brain!"
"You can do that? No, Elvin. It's not his fault, it's mine. Can we just move on?" she said.
He smiled a little half smile.
"Fine. I made a mistake, you made a mistake. No more mistakes from here on in," Elvin said.
"No, no more mistakes. I love you, Elvin. This isn't going to just all magically disappear you know. We'll really have to work on trust in our relationship."
"I know. But I know we can do it. We're tael sai shi, meant to be," Elvin said.
"You gonna teach me how to speak elf?" Tessa said laughing.
"I speak a mix of Quenya and Sindarin. If you would like to learn, I will teach you. I'll do anything you request of me. I'm just glad you still want to stay with me," he said.
"I'm married to an elf. Who would want to give that up?" she said laughing.
"Since we got that unpleasant business taken care of, what's say you and me get to work on junior?" Tessa said.
"We don't have to try right now if you would like to wait," he said.
"Elvin, I'm 38 years old. If not now, when? No time like the present!"
"In that case, shall we begin practice?" he asked smiling.
"Yes we shall!"
Tessa didn't believe for one moment that she was going to be the woman to have a kid that was going to save some elves. Elvin was seriously underestimating how bad she was as a kid......and as a teen......and as a young adult......hell, even as an adult. If he thought their kid was going to be the new king or queen of this place, he had no idea how much work that was going to take!
But all that would come later. She felt like a huge burden had been lifted off her shoulders. So she was married to an elf. She could never picture herself married at all before, so it only stood to reason that it would take a special man to rope her in.......and you didn't get any more special than Elvin de Muse.
She should have known that he was trouble the first time she met him. She got a vibe from him then......and he was still the best in the sack she had ever had......and she had missed him so much.....not just the physical, the way he made her feel. It was why she always felt so guilty about being with Casey........
Things weren't completely settled, but they were back on track........for the first time in a long time, she was no longer looking at things in shades of gray........her life was finally bright and full of color, and it was all because of him........

* Title comes from this song by O.A.R

* I couldn't break them up! I really think Elvin is good for Tessa, he just made a bad decision. They were successful in their practicing and baby de Muse will be here Winter 2035. LaQuest Beach will never be the same lol......I did some research and everything I've found says that elves that regular pregnancies, so Tessa will have to suffer through the whole 9 months lol

* I haven't decided how far I'll go with this whole king/queen of Vasadori thing. But it really won't matter until the child grows up so I have a few rounds to figure it all out. Right now, only Austra lives in Vasadori, I haven't populated it with elves yet.....I was too lazy!

* Elvin and Tessa have moved to this cool beach house. I couldn't remember where I got Tessa's original house, plus it only had one bedroom and not much room for expansion. I can see Tessa laying out on the beach with their child while Elvin works :).........I imagine him having quite a bit of money that she just never knew about.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I was not expecting Tessa to stay. But the way you've spun it, I think it'll work out well. You've left plenty of room for more drama down the track. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with these two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Tessa stayed, they both seem to have good chemistry, and Tessa staying out of trouble. I love that he was the first guy she loved, and yay for a little baby. The idea of Tessa on the beach with the baby/tot is great! Cant' wait to see how it all plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla - I think Tessa just wants to be able to say that she saw something through to the end, just once. They both have alot of growing to do. There is room for more drama isn't there? lol

    Maisie - They do have great chemistry and seem to bring out the best (and worst!) in each other. I'm excited to see what their baby is going to look like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I am satisfied! I bet their baby will be super adorable, and they'll have a great home, even if they aren't "the prophecy child"

    It'll be interesting to see how their relationship goes though, especially since they seem to both have iron personalities!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Awesomeness :)