Round 5 - Winter 2034
Gavin Newson is 19, Ginger is 14, Gabriella is 4, Gallagher is 5, Georgia and Garrett are 2 (Kai'Von Jones is 19, Calista Fuchs is 32)
"Yea, I guess this is it. It's only for a couple of months, I'll be back before you know it," Gavin said.
"I don't know if I can do this. I don't know if I can take care of them."
"Ginger, I know you can do this. I've already hired a nanny so you can go to school and leave the twins here. You get out at 1 so that gives you time to do as much as you can before Gallagher and Gabriella get back here at 3. I'll be sending you money while I'm there for food and stuff.....use it wisely," he said.
"I will. Hurry home."
"I'll be back as soon as my basic training is over, I promise. You take care of yourself. And don't hesitate to try to get in touch with me if you need me. Just leave it with the desk and they will pass it on to me."
"Ok, I got it. Go on, get out of here."
"I love you guys, Ginger."
"Love you too, bro. Now go!"
"Good to have you aboard. There will be two other recruits going through this training with you. They should be arriving later. Enjoy today. Tomorrow morning begins your training. You are to be up at 3 AM sharp. You will run the obstacle course until 6 AM. You will then be taken off site for more training until 3 PM. Your afternoons are yours to spend as you will, but be advised, the next day holds the same schedule. Is that understood?" General Picaso asked.
"I look forward to working with you," he said as he walked away.
3 AM? What the hell had he gotten himself into?!
"Me and my sisters and brothers just moved here. I'm taking care of them and needed stable work, so I decided why not the military, ya know?" Gavin said.
"I feel that. I really wanted to go to college.....but it didn't work out. But I wasn't going to stay in Englewood either! So I decided to do this. How many brothers and sisters you taking care of?" Kai'Von asked.
"Two brothers and three sisters."
"There's six of you guys? Your parents must be rabbits!" Kai'von said.
"It's not like that. We're all adopted. The woman that adopted us died a few months ago so we decided to move here."
"Sorry to hear that dude."
"It's ok. That's life sometimes," Gavin said.
"Tell me about it! Hey, where's Calista?"
Well, ma, sometimes shit just happens. Like you dying. So I guess we're even, she thought to herself.
The next morning, Kai'Von was up with an optimistic attitude. He ran track at this high school and was in pretty good shape. This was going to be a piece of cake.
* Title comes from Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day
* This house is bananas to play! Those twin toddlers are definitely growing up badly! I hate it, but without cheating, that's the way it's going to be. Thanks to which ever EP increased a family's starting funds, the Newsons were in the bin with $47,000! I had them rent a house from Keisha Knowles and use the bulk of the money to furnish their home. The house was about $32,000. I placed the mortgage shrubs and they moved in for free. Every morning at 7 AM, $320 is deducted from their family funds and sent to Keisha. She gets the interest on the shrubs. I haven't played the Knowles yet so I don't know if Keisha gets the money through the mailbox or what, but I really like this. Now sims can get homes without having to pay the full amount and other sims with money can benefit by owning these rentals.
* I'm still ironing out the kinks of my boot camp, but I'm pretty happy with it. The three of them will be in the elite forces position once they leave. Then they can advance as quickly as they're willing to work for it. They will only stay there for 6 months so since it's winter, Gavin will be back home at the end of the Spring......my Spring is jammed pack! Celeste and Tessa both make their decisions then as well!
* I had more pictures, but I guess FRAPS ate them. I know I had them but they disappeared. Hopefully the ones I had left made sense :)
* I didn't realize the hot tub was back there, but it will be removed before the next recruits go there. Don't need any oops babies! I'm lucky that Calista can't seem to stand neither Kai'Von or Gavin.....she has a pretty bad attitude all around :)
All over again
4 days ago