Sunday, July 3, 2011

Iris

Round 7 - July 2040
Last update/ Next update
Derick Pace is 47, Charity is 32, Jordyn is 1

And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven, that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight
Goo Goo Dolls


She should ask him. His club was doing well, but not well enough for him to be able to afford this beautiful town home. She should demand that he tell her what it is he does when he leaves the house for hours on end. And she should demand that he stop it, before he found himself locked up. She should, but she wasn't going to. She loved their life together and knew that he would never endanger Jordyn or her. And it really was a beautiful home.......



Derick knew that Charity was curious. And he wanted to tell her. But the less she knew, the better. It never bothered him before, the shadiness of his side business. He used to feel that it wasn't his fault, that life had handed him lemons and he made lemonade. But he no longer felt that........in fact, he just felt.......ashamed. He would never want Jordyn to grow up and know that her dad laundered money for some very bad people.......


But Charity and Jordyn deserved nothing but the best. And this was the only way he knew to offer them that. He had been thinking of getting out of the crime business for a while now. Kept telling himself that he would retire after this job or that one. But he was afraid to do that. What if he walked away and something happened to the club? How would he support them then? Or what if the people he worked with didn't want him to leave? What if they made trouble for him? There were just too many things to consider.........


He needed to stop smoking. Charity no longer allowed him to smoke in the house because of Jordyn, so the only time he could do it was when he went down to his club. He could stop smoking if he eliminated all the stress in his life......he was so unsure of what the right thing to do was......so unsure.


He was shocked to walk outside the club and find Charday Martin waiting to get in.
"Charday? Wow, DeJuan told me you were back in town, but I hadn't seen you. Why exactly are you back?"
"Because I'm an adult and I go where I please. Nice little club you got here, ding pretty well huh?" she asked.
"Yea, I guess. I'm a married man with a kid now, I had to step my game up a bit," he said laughing.
"God, not you too. What is with yall and marriage? Why would you want to tie yourself down?"
"Maybe because we're not like you Charday."
"And just what the hell does that mean?" she asked.
"You love running these streets, getting over on people. You love the hustle. Hey, I did too. But hell, we've got to grow up sometimes right? I don't want to leave this world exactly how I came into it. My legacy will live on through my daughter and any other kids I might have," he said.
"You sound like a real pansy right now. Soft. That's what you and DeJuan have become, soft. Doesn't matter. That just leaves me available to be the queen bee again," she said walking off.


She didn't get it. Not at all. Leave a legacy behind? Her legacy would be being one of the baddest bitches to ever walk the streets of Englewood. She'd had a kid and really didn't see what the big deal was. Taesha was just as soft as her daddy. But that was okay, one day soon they would both be begging to have her around again............


Charday might not have cared about her daughter, but Derick was going to do all that he could to make sure his had a wonderful life. He wanted to be the best for her.......


Because really, how could anyone look into those eyes and want to be anything less than perfect?

* We got a little insight into what's happening with Charday, she'll begin playing a somewhat larger role next round.

* Jordyn is so adorable! I can't wait to see Derick's reaction when she becomes a teen and starts dating :). He really is just a wonderful father to her. It's still a little weird to see him being so smiley. He usually walks around slamming his fist into his hand while frowning, a product of having no nice points lol

* I have no idea what Maxis was thinking when they created the uniform for the criminal mastermind:


This makes me giggle every time I see it. And it's no surprise that this was the only time Derick frowned during this play session. He thinks the outfit is stupid too! He looks like the bad guy from a comic book!

* And of course they need a family portrait to hang on the walls:


They really do look quite happy. Jordyn looks a little mean here, doesn't she? She only has 1 nice point so she'll be a bit of a handful I'm sure :)

* I forget where I downloaded these town homes but they are great! There's three of them that look beautiful when placed side by side......

* This was the last official post of Round 7! Whew, it was a long one :). Next up is the round summary and then we can move on to Round 8!

8 comments:

  1. I think bad guy from a comic book is probably what they were going for!

    But anyway, I can't wait to see what Charday is up to. I hope everyone is suitably suspicious of her - I know DeJuan is!

    I really hope Charity is right and that Derick's business doesn't put her or Jordyn in danger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, their new house looks great, very interesting with the layout with the park in front. I don't know what Derick is going to do, but I can't help but think that it will catch up with him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cracked up when I saw Charday, shaking her behind up in the club with winkles on her face! I want to tell her, "Sit your old behind down somewhere before you break a hip!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Charday! LOL at LaurelCrossing comment on the hip break! Haha. Charday wouldn't like that type of comment! Ah the laundering... just not good. I'd like him to get out of that before it's too late. Love the townhouse, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla - It's such a ridiculous uniform lol. I think everyone knows that Charday can't be trusted. But I see her as a very manipulative person as well. Derick's intentions are good, his logic is just what's faulty.

    Apple Valley - The park is one of the reason's I liked it so much. It has a very downtown feeling to it.

    LaurelCrossing - LOL Yes! Wrinkles and clubs do not mix! Charday would be very upset if she ever heard that lol. She thinks she still has it :).

    Maisie - Money laundering is definitely not a good side business to have, but I think he's realizing that now. Time will tell if he waits too late to start over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I love the outfit! But I don't blame Derrick for having a frown on his face while he wears that, I definitely would too!

    He's grown into such a wonderful family man. Honestly, I never pictured him becoming like this. Jordyn is adorable though! I'm scared for the first boy that breaks her heart, with her daddy being a criminal mastermind!

    Great update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charday is such a mess. What a great character.

    Derick should know that what goes up must come down. That life might not last for long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute family! I've got a guy in my game that is hiding his shady criminal career from his family too, so I really liked reading about yours. I agree with you that that townhouse is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Awesomeness :)