Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Don't want to miss a thing

Round 8 - January 2041 - Mini-update
  
Matt's last update / Gavin's last update / Next update
Gavin Newson is 25, Gretchen is 33, Gallagher is 11, Gabriella is 9, Georgia and Garrett are 8, Ginger is 20, Matthew Picaso is 40, Jessica is 39, Hunter is 5

I don't want to miss one smile, I don't want to miss one kiss
I just want to be here with you, right here with you, just like this
I just want to hold you close, feel your heart so close to mine
And stay here in this moment, for all the rest of time
Aerosmith


It was time for him to leave. They had shared a very sad Christmas together in which all anyone wanted to do was talk about how much they were going to miss him. The few weeks after his marriage to Gretchen flew by, and now here they were..........preparing to say good-bye.


"What about Dino? Has anyone thought about what this is going to do to him? Or am I the only one who cares," Gallagher said.
"Oh, stop it Gallagher. I'm leaving him in good hands," Gavin said never taking his eyes off Gretchen.
"Gretchen works, she can't be there to take care of him all the time. And he's a dog, he won't understand why you're not around anymore," Gallagher said.
"He's right, Gavin," Garrett chimed in.


"I didn't mean Gretchen, Gallagher. I meant you. I know you'll do your very best to help take care of Dino. And the rest of the kids too. I'm counting on you to help Gretchen out, ok? Can you do that for me?" Gavin asked.
"Yea, I guess. Why do you have to go? Why can't they send someone else?" Gallagher asked.
"It's my job, kiddo. But I'll be back before you know it. I need you to stay strong for everyone, okay?"
"Okay, Gavin........"


"You're the best thing to ever happen to me, you know that?" Gavin asked Gretchen.
"Back at ya," she said.
"I hate that Ginger couldn't make it. I know she's upset about me leaving," Gavin said.
"I hate that too. I think she's going to regret it later," Gretchen said sadly.
"I gotta go.......we'll be boarding the plane soon," he said.
"Can't you sit here a little while longer?" Gretchen asked.
"Okay........just for a minute........"


At the other end of the airport, Matt was saying good-bye to his family as well.
"Why didn't we bring Mandy?" Hunter asked.
"Because she's still really small. You don't want want her to get sick do you?" Jessica asked.
"Oh no, I wouldn't want that at all!"


"Well........it's time for me to go," Matt said.
"I know.......oh, Matt how can I do this without you? How can I take care of two kids and run my shop? How can I sleep at night without you there?" Jessica asked crying.
"Jess, we promised not to do this. You can do this, baby. You're stronger than you think. And we'll talk on the phone and video chat as much as we can, I promise," he said.


"Plus, you've got our big man Hunter here to help out," Matt said.
"That's right! Don't cry momma, it's going to be okay. And daddy's coming back, aren't you?" Hunter asked.
"Nothing in this world could keep me away, squirt. You take good care of your mom and your sister, okay soldier?"
"Sir, yes sir!" Hunter said.


Ginger made it in time to see Gavin off, but she didn't want to hug him.
"No! This isn't good-bye, just see you later. No hugging, I can't take it," Ginger said.
"Come on Gingy! You're being ridiculous," Gavin said.
"Am I? Why do you have to go? Can't they send someone else?" Ginger asked.
"Ginger, it's my job! You're acting like one of the kids!"


"No! You're abandoning the kids, not me! I got out of there. But what about them? How can you run off and leave them?"
"This isn't a pleasure trip! It's my job, the way I keep food on the table for them! What is this really about Ginger?" he asked.
"It's just been us, you know. The Newsons, orphans united. And now you've brought in Gretchen and you're running off."
"I thought you liked Gretchen!"
"I do! It's just.......I don't know, I don't want you to go. What if you don't come back?" Ginger asked.


"Oh Ginger, I would never permanently leave you guys! You know that don't you?" Gavin asked.
"Yea......but what if something happens over there? What will we do without you?"
"That isn't going to happen. I'm not going to war for goodness sake!" Gavin said.
"It happened to our foster mother. I just can't take something else happening to someone I love," she said.
"Ginger, life is full of challenges, more so for some. But you and I and the rest of the kids are a family. And we always will be," he said.


"You be careful over there. I'm going to miss you. I got so wrapped up in school that I haven't visited you guys as much as I should have and...."
"No, stop right there. No one said you should give up your life for us. I chose to do what I had needed to do in order to take care of you guys and I don't regret that. I want you to live your life. Being there for you guys hasn't stopped me from finding a very special woman and falling in love. Being orphans doesn't mean we don't get a chance at life," Gavin said.
"I love you Gavin. You're the best brother in the world," Ginger said.
"Love you too, Gingy. I've got to get out of here before the plane leaves me," he said.
"See ya later."


"I didn't think it would be this hard to leave, sir," Gavin said.
"It's always hard leaving behind the one's you love. But it's good to know that they'll be right there waiting for you to return. Come on, we've got work to do," Matt said.

*How sad was this?! I can't imagine if I was doing a war ROS like Laura! As I said before, Gretchen is pregnant. I'll address her finding this out in the next birthday update which happens to be up next :)

* I'll do another mini-update showing what happens to Gavin and Matt in Three Lakes and one more once they return. I downloaded that airport lot from modthesims and I love it. I have a return building too and that's where I'll shoot their reunion. I built up a whole big airport in Camden Park as there just wasn't room in the main hood. I may do a tour at the babble blog. Gavin and Matt will return in December 2041

5 comments:

  1. Yea, thank goodness it's not a war ROS-it would be horrible not having one of them return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that was a sad goodbye but you're right, at least they're not going off to war! That would be so much sadder.

    Poor Ginger. I guess Gavin was really all she had for so long and this has to got to be hard for her, as well as the other kids.

    That airport is so awesome. I use the same one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, so sad! I'm glad Ginger made it in time to see Gavin off, but I know it's hard for her since they've always relied on each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple Valley - I don't even have that war ROS! Although I guess it would make sense considering all the supernatural things I have going on lol

    Carla - Love that airport! Gavin really has been the center of all their worlds, so he's definitely missed.

    Shana - They really are a very close family, they haven't really had any other choice in the matter. This time away will probably be good for Gretchen and the kids, it'll give them time to bond with her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you aren't doing the war ROS. I probably would've bawled my eyes out, since I'm from a military family.

    I love the airport! It looks great, I might have to get one for Rocky Cove as well...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Awesomeness :)