Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to Ya!

Round 8 - August 2040


No one had told her that it would hurt. Oh sure, her mother said it was "unpleasant", but this went a tad bit beyond unpleasant. Unbearable was more like it!
"My gosh, let's just calm down ok? We've got to calm down. This kid is ready to make their grand entrance," Totia said.
"Oh bite me! Why couldn't you just zap the kid out of me like you do for the males that give birth? That's the most sexist damn thing I've ever heard!" Celeste yelled.


"What? Wait, she's having the baby now? But I'm not dressed! No one told me! Celeste, hold on a sec, let me get dressed," Satitu said.
"Are you out of your mind? Who cares if you're in your pajamas? Your child is is ripping my abdomen apart and you're concerned about how you look! Get out of here!" she screamed.


"You all are quite funny right now," Starema said with a little giggle.
"This is funny? Really? You think this is the proper time to make jokes?" Celeste said.
"Calm down child. Come on, let's get the new member of our clan here," Starema said calmly.


The birth didn't take quite as long as human births, and soon Celeste was holding little Andromeda Sati Oros. She figured someone should have use of her given name. Starema was over the moon to have her granddaughter given the name she had set aside for Celeste.


"She's perfect. Utterly and and heartbreakingly perfect," Satitu said in awe.
"She is quite extraordinary isn't she?"


"Oh, look at the baby! Sweetie, you almost make me want to find my amourio and make some little sprogs. Almost," Totia said laughing.
"She could always use a playmate," Satitu said.
"And I am willing to play with her whenever I'm needed," she said laughing.


"I am so glad I was able to see your offspring before I left this world," Starema said pulling Celeste in for a hug.
"What are you talking about? You'll be here to help us raise her," Celeste said.
"You know that I am always here for you. Even when my body has long gone on, my spirit will never leave you. I am so proud of who you have become," Starema said.
"Oh, mom!"


"The humans won't know what to make of you, my perfect little one. Never will they have seen anything as extraordinary as you. Here, on this day, I pledge to live my life for you. To protect and love you long past the time I am here on this planet. I love you my darling," Satitu said.

* Yay! Little Andromeda will definitely not have those eyebrows lol. That skin is so pretty that the eyebrows actually take away from it. So we'll just pretend the hair falls out once they reach a certain age :).

* I decided to use Andromeda because no one has it as Celeste never changed her name once she found out about her heritage. So her daughter will use the name meant for her. I hope they enjoy this peace because as I mentioned before, one of the ROS for this round is an abduction so the crap will be hitting the fan soon lol 

* And I didn't add anything about Jessica's or Meadow's pregnancies because their houses happen to be my next two updates :). I felt it would be over kill to add them to the birthday post and then do a whole update right after that. 

5 comments:

  1. OMG! I cant believe that Celeste's baby is finally here! Alien babies, especially this one, are adorable. Definitely get rid of the eyebrows though.

    Great update!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I never actually noticed that Celeste and Satitu didn't have any eyebrows. I can't wait to see what Andromeda looks like as she grows up. She will be stunning, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Andromeda Sati Oros" sounds so pretty! I can't wait to see what she looks like when she gets bigger. I'm sure she'll be gorgeous. Starema's little speech was so sweet, and the entire labor scene was hilarious! Great dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple Valley - Thanks!

    Coolkat2 - I'm definitely getting rid of those eyebrows lol

    Carla - That skin is so pretty that you don't notice the missing eyebrows; it looks much better without them.

    Mandie - Thanks, I like the name too. I'm glad you liked the dialogue; I thought it would be funnier if these beings from another planet were totally thrown off by impending birth :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Awesomeness :)