Saturday, October 23, 2010

Misguided Ghost - Part II

Round 6 - Spring 2037 - Blasts from the Past
Elvin de Muse is 44, Tessa is 40, Vanya is 1

Now I'm told that this is life
And pain is just a simple compromise
So we can get what we want out of it
Would someone care to classify
Our broken hearts and twisted minds, so I can find
Someone to rely on
............................................................
We are just
Misguided ghosts
Traveling endlessly
The ones we trusted the most
Pushed us far away


Tessa was going to kill him. And for him, that was even scarier than Gurth Vasan. He had no idea how he was going to tell her that once again, because of him, things in their life were about to be turned upside down......


As he looked at Vanya, he knew that he was going to have to do something about Gurth. He knew what he was capable of and knew not to underestimate him. Elvin would not allow Vanya to know the pain of losing her parents......that was, if Tessa didn't kill him.


Gurth was wrong, his love for his family did not make him a weaker elf. If anything, it strengthened his  resolve to do what was necessary to protect his family.........


Tessa knew something was wrong. Elvin had been avoiding her every since she got home. Now he was holed up in Vanya's room, continuing to hide. But she wasn't going to sit by and wait on him to drop whatever bomb he was about to drop. She refused to live any more lies with him.


"What the hell is going on, Elvin?" she asked him later.
"What do you mean?"
"You've been acting weird since I got home. What is going on?"
"I've just had a long day. Vanya was really active today and I worked with her on walking," Elvin said.


"Elvin, we agreed that we weren't going to do this anymore. No more secrets, no more hiding. If you can't keep your end up then why are we even bothering?" Tessa asked.
"You know how hard I've been working to keep us on track! Why would I throw that away?"
"I have no idea. That's what I'm asking you," Tessa said.


"I love you Tessa. Look, there is something going on, something bad. But I need some time to get everything together before I bring it to you," Elvin said.
"We're married Elvin. We work on problems together. Whatever it is, I'm sure we can work through it."
"Don't be so sure about that."
Tessa closed her eyes and breathed in a deep breath. She was getting irritated.


"Elvin, either you tell me what's going on or me and Vanya are going to stay with Tabitha. I don't need you coming to me a month from now telling me something horrible has happened when we can work on it now. It's your choice," Tessa said.
"Dammit Tess, I've told you not to threaten to take Vanya away! Why do you always have to go there? Why is that always your first blow?"
"Because I know it matters most to you. Just tell me what the hell is going on," Tessa said.


And so he told her the whole story. He told her how his father came to be king of Vasadori, of how his father ruled over Vasadori and brought peace. And he also told her of how Gurth Vasan killed his parents. And how he was back now trying to take back what he felt was stolen from him. And that they were in danger. And the entire time, throughout the entire story, she simply faced straight ahead.


"Everytime I think that maybe we can be okay, that MAYBE this is all going to work out, there's always something else. I'm tired of having to deal with all this elf shit, Elvin. I'm tired of your past biting me in my ass. And now you've also put our daughter in danger. Where does it end? When do we get to live a normal life?" Tessa said.


"I'm going to bed. There's nothing I can do about this, can't help you win a fight in the sandbox against another little elf. So yea, you handle it," Tessa said.
"What the hell Tessa! You wanted to know what's going on. I told you!"
"What do you expect me to do? I can't help you with this, I'm not an elf," Tessa said as she kept walking.


"You don't have a past, Tessa? Or have you forgotten about your ex-boyfriend sniffing around? I'm an elf, Tessa. That's not going to change."
She continued up the stairs smiling.
"Yes Elvin, I have a past. And yes, Derick came around. But I don't have homicidal dark elves tracking me and my family. So I guess that makes your past a little worse than mine," Tessa said.


He was awake long after following Tessa to bed. It seemed that they were destined to be angry with each other forever. Maybe he should have just continued life the way he had been. He was content, being a bartender and watching humans live their lives. But then she walked into his bar and changed his life. As he finally drifted off to sleep, he didn't know which was worse: living without her or causing her pain when he had her.......


It was a few hours later that Tessa was awakened by a ssoft gurgling noise.
"Vanya! How the heck did you get out of your crib?" Tessa asked.
Vanya simply smiled her drooly smile at her mother.


"Well aren't you just a little explorer? Now you're doing magic tricks too huh? It's okay, I understand. I used to get into trouble when I was your age too. Well, I think I got into a little more trouble than you. But I don't want you doing that, you hear me? I want you to be better than me, make better decisions," Tessa said.


"You know, I never really thought I would be a mom. Didn't think I was cut out for the job. But look at you! Me and your dad did pretty good, huh? You're the most beautiful girl in the world......you have to be, you look like me! But now it's time for you to get back into bed. And none of that hocus pocus stuff young lady!" Tessa said laughing.


Elvin woke up to find Tessa snuggled up to his side. He knew she only did that in her sleep, knew that she was still pissed at him. But as the sunlight shined down on her beautiful face, he knew what he had to do. He would meet with Austra and get her to talk to the elders. Maybe they could come up with a compromise to work out with Gurth. Because he was not going to lose his family again.

* I think that Tessa is one the the prettiest sims I have! And I like the way her personality forms in my head when I'm playing her. She's quite entertaining to watch :). I think she may be back to her old tricks again soon. She's rolling generic woohoo wants and actually has a want to fall in love with Jacob Ellison (her boss)! This probably isn't a good time for her to have a fling! And when the heck did she get to be 40 years old?!

* The rest of the story for this round will be featured in mini-updates since both Lorelai and Elvin have had their turns this round. There will definitely more Gurth this round :)

* I always find it funny when toddlers get out of their beds. Since Vanya is a half elf, I figure she's using some of her powers to get around. I haven't decided how much she'll have, especially since she's not heir. I'm kinda just working this all out as I go......I know I've switched from aliens to elves, but what can I say? lol

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I like that Vanya might have some special powers as well, I can't wait to see them develop. Hmm, for some reason I thought Tessa would raise hell about the whole elf thing and try to hunt down the man threatening her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeesh, Tessa is not happy, not that I can blame her! There's an awful lot of craziness in her life now that would never have happened without Elvin. But then, she wouldn't have Vanya either.

    I think it'll be kind of cool for you to "discover" what Vanya's powers are as her parents do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Valley - I think Tessa has seen what Elvin is capable of and is frustrated that these are things she really has no control over. I think if it really comes down to it, she'll take Vanya and leave to protect them. If she hunted down Gurth, it probably wouldn't end well :)

    Carla - I think Tessa really loves Elvin, but I think she's slowly realizing that loving him takes a bit more than loving an average man. I think I will end up discovering Vanya's powers along with Elvin and Tessa. I really don't know what all I want to allow her to do, so I'll just let her show me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two have a lot of issues they need to work on. Hoepfully they can work it out especially for Vanya. I think Tessa could have reacted better but I can understand why she's so angry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Awesomeness :)