Round 8 - May 2041
Last update/ Next update
Tanner & Keisha Knowles are 52, Kali is 13 (Kevin & Kinsley Knowles are 34, Ryan is 8, Ricki is 7, Kenny & Kayla Coners are 26, Liam is 1)
We're just ordinary people,
We don't know which way to go,
Cause we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow
Kali was glad that the summer months were finally upon LaQuest Beach. Now she had three months to fill with fun, sun, and hopefully quite a bit of Carl Faulkner......
She hadn't told him that she liked him more than just a friend, she didn't think it was the right time for that. She figured she'd work her way up to it, no need to rush it. Besides, it was fun just hanging out with him. And if her dad found out that she liked him, he would never let her leave the house to hang out with him!
Kali was happy to see that her friend Imara Coners had became a bit more social. She was really good friends with Christa Brown now. Kali could totally see how the two girls could be friends. They were both a bit on the shy side and stayed mostly to themselves.
Well, Christa seemed to be a little more outgoing than Imara. At least she was when it came to Bobby Emerson! Kali couldn't wait for the day that she would get to kiss Carl like that........
Summer didn't just mean more time for Kali to hang out with her friends. It also meant that she would get to see more of her family as well. Normally, that may not be such a good idea where her mom and Kayla were concerned. But every since Kayla had had Liam, the two women had gotten along fairly well. It was nice not to have to listen to their constant arguing for once.
Kenny and Kevin were also getting along quite well. The two had never really gotten a chance to get to know one another, despite Kevin being in the wedding. Kali was so excited to have a super star in the family! Mellow Metal's first album had gone gold and they were getting ready to do a few local shows. Kayla was a very lucky woman!
And it wasn't just because of her rockstar husband. Kali thought her nephew Liam was the cutest thing ever! He was always the star of all of their family gatherings now. He was the first grandchild in seven years for her parents and they loved to dote on him.
Not that Ryan and Ricki were ignored! It was still a little strange, being so close in age to them. Her parents had had her pretty late in their life so she was much closer to Ryan and Ricki in age than Kayla and Kevin.
But that didn't bother her, she was still their aunt! She knew that people thought very highly of their family, they were one of the richest families in LaQuest Beach. But at the end of the day, they were just ordinary people.
She had a big sister whom she looked up to and wanted to be just like. They were many years apart, but close where it counted. And yea, her sister was married to a successful musician, but she was also just a school teacher who loved to paint.
And yea, Liam would grow up with the whole world knowing who his father was, and maybe they would even expect him to follow in his footsteps and have a love for music........
But right now he was just a boy who loved to hug puppies and play peek-a-boo with anyone willing to sit down and give him the attention he loved so much......
And yes, Ricki's dad was a successful doctor, and her mother owned a famous boutique. But she was still just a girl who loved ballet and playing with her cousin and had dreams of becoming a ballerina one day.....
They were a family. A sit down to Sunday dinner and catch up on one another's lives family. A sharing funny stories about marriage and kids and waking up realizing that you're no longer a child family..........
A rock, paper, scissors championship showdown family. A family that noticed when someone hadn't been around lately and so a call was in order to make sure everything was alright family.
A hugs from grandpa are only second best to the goodnight hugs and forehead kisses from the parents family.
And Kali loved her family. While the world may see the money and status that her family held in the community, it was the smaller things that made Kali so happy to be a part of their world. It was in the giggling of Liam whenever he was tossed in the air........
Or in the disgustingly sweet gazes of her parents who were still so much in love even after 35 years of marriage, three kids, and three grandchildren.........
And yea, their family consisted of some trust fund parents, a doctor, a boutique owner, rockstar, and successful artist. But they were also just ordinary people, with their own problems and fights and misunderstandings. But in the end, their family managed to pull together and present a united front to take on the world. And Kali was proud to call them family.
* I SO have to catch up on my blog reading, I'm sorry I haven't been commenting lately. And this may be my last post for a week or two, it just depends on if I can manage some playing time this week.
* The Knowles and Coners families are pretty intertwined. Kayla is married to Kenny, Kali is friends with both Imara and Imani, and the three girls are also aunts to little Liam. They're one of my larger families and I love playing them.
* Christa had her first kiss while Kali was down at The Spot and I wanted to be sure to include it so you could see how serious she is about Bobby :). Kali really likes Carl and I can see her making a move for him in a few years. She's not a shy sim so I'm sure it won't be too long!
* Kenny had a want to be friends with Ryan which I thought was just the sweetest thing ever! Everyone got along really well, even Keisha and Kayla and that is definitely odd for those two :)
* And there's only three more updates before Kenny's new sister or brother is born. He knows about it, but it's not the kind of thing you share with your in laws lol. As his wife, Kayla knows about the abduction as well. I can't see the twins confiding in Kali, although maybe Imara would. But Imani wouldn't allow it! I'll be sure to include Kenny's feelings about it when I do the update on the birth.
* And now the Knowles have another cute picture to hang on their walls. This time I got the entire family in the shot. I'm going to try to do the same for Kenny's parents as well.