Friday, April 26, 2013

That Girl

 Round 9 - July 2043
Last update/ Next update
Matthew Picaso is 42, Jessica is 41, Hunter is 7, Miranda is 2 (Ginger Newson and Meadow Thayer are 22)

I'm in love with that girl, so don't be mad at me
I'm in love with that girl, so don't be mad at me
So what you're from the other side of the tracks
So what the world don't think we match
I'll put it down like my love's on wax, guess what?
I'm in love with that girl
And she told me, that she's in love with me
Justin Timberlake


Matt had been back from Three Lakes for almost 2 years and he still felt good. The restlessness that usually overtook him wasn't there any more.......maybe he was growing up? Spending his days with Jessica, Hunter, and Miranda when he wasn't doing his duties as General was.........just really nice. Miranda was almost potty trained, a feat that seemed impossible to accomplish when they first began the process...........



And Hunter had developed an interest in basketball, much to Matt's joy. They spend lazy afternoons working on his form and Matt could see that his son had some pretty natural skills! He had no idea where he got them from.........


Hunter had become fast friends with Kyle Henderson, despite a 2 year age difference. Matt felt like it was because Kyle looked up to Hunter and Hunter enjoyed that........who wouldn't love that? And while he was a great help to Jessica while Matt was gone, Hunter seemed to be a bit miffed that he didn't get a little brother. So Kyle was kinda his surrogate..........


Things were going well for Jessica at Picaso Cuts. Ginger Newson was a godsend and was very good at her job. Jessica couldn't have chosen a better stylist......


And while Jessica was glad that Ginger was bringing in her college friends as new business, her friend Meadow Thayer was a colossal pain in the rear!
"My hair has to be perfect. Like seriously, it must be fabulous," Meadow said.
"How about we just let Ginger do your hair today,  hmmmmm?" Jessica asked.
"Fine, whatever. I just need to maintain my stunning appearance.........."


Jessica had no idea how Ginger was able to put up with someone like Meadow........and they lived together! She had way more patience than Jessica could ever have with someone like that. She cringed whenever the young woman came in the shop!


Matt stayed with the kids during the day when he was off so that Jessica could go to the shop. Since school was out for the summer, Hunter was there all day as well. Usually things weren't that bad, but Miranda wasn't as easy a toddler as Hunter was........Matt was sure she got that temper from her mother!


He was extremely excited once Jessica came home though............
"You look so much better since you let me style your hair," Jessica said.
"So I was ugly before?" he asked laughing.
"Of course not, but you look better now. How was your day?"
"Not bad.....Miranda can be a handful huh?" he asked laughing.
"Yes, yes she can. You see what I go through everyday," Jessica said with a laugh.
"Yea........she is going to be something else as a teen.......I feel the gray hairs coming in already," he said.
"She'll be fine. She'll have her handsome soldier daddy to keep her in line," she said with a smile.
"And her mother to keep her handsome soldier daddy in line," he said smiling as he leaned down and kissed her.


He now had a habit of going down to the beach after Jessica got home to unwind after the day. He never thought he would be this content in his life. It wasn't that he didn't love Jessica, he just had his father's restless spirit. But for whatever reason, it seemed that part of his life was over..........


And he wasn't sad about that, he was actually happy. There was a certain peace about his life now. And he wouldn't change it for the world.

* So it's been more than a week and I apologize for that. Lotta things going on this way :)

* I know Matt is an a-hole in everyone else's hood, but he's not that bad of a guy in mine. He actually has a want to have another baby......It ain't happening, but the want is there lol. I suppose he could randomly slip up and be a jackass but for right now he's a pretty good guy lol

* How cute is Hunter? I think he's going to be quite handsome when he grows up, he has a unique face. His sister on the other hand.......Miranda frightens me, there I said it lol. She just looks so........EVIL

* I love Meadow, and I have some big things planned for her this round ;)

* Next update is birthdays and it's already been written up so there shouldn't be another long delay :) 

 

6 comments:

  1. Yea he isn't well liked in other hoods, I was so confused wondering but what about this betrayal, or that issue and only to realize that it was another Matthew :) so nice to see him more settled and a decent guy for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I think I have enough dramatics in my hood from my other characters, I'm glad he hasn't been a real problem :)

      Delete
  2. It's kind of nice to see a different side of Matt, lol! He definitely makes himself known in other bloggers' hoods and not usually in a good way! Meadow is another sim who you've taken in a totally different direction than most. She's an absolute riot in LQB and I can't wait to see what you have planned for her.

    I actually think Miranda is quite cute! I can definitely see why she'd look evil to you but I think she'll grow into her features a little. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Matt isn't so infamous in my hood lol. I haven't seen as much of Meadow in other people's hoods but I love how she is in mine. She's one of my favorite characters to play and there was no doubt in my mind that she would become a playable character lol.

      Delete
    2. Oh and I'm glad you like how Miranda looks........let's hope she does in fact grow into those features lol

      Delete
  3. lol on your Miranda comment, she looks super creepy in that first photo, oh my! Hunter is a cutie, I bet he will be handsome as he ages up, and maybe Miranda won't be so bad ether, she has eyebrows like my Leah, and they look fine on the adult version of her.

    Glad that Matt is a good guy in your hood. I wish that mine would be! I really like your Meadow too, I don't have her in this hood at all, but in my old one she was sort of the same as Matt in my hood, sleeping around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Awesomeness :)